The Have you eaten yet? small group series is designed for small groups to read and share about their stories and experiences. The questions will prompt the group to talk about their experiences in relation to the Scripture stories. Our hope is that Asian American students will develop deeper relationships with God and others in a way that is familiar to them and gain a renewed sense of belonging and hospitality in the kingdom of God.
Each guide includes:
- Introduction and warm-up question for the Asian American experience.
- Context summary to help understand the Scripture.
- Discussion questions for the passages.
- Summary of the passage in relation to God’s hospitality.
- Gleaning and growing questions that will help the group share and listen to each other’s stories.
- Check out questions.
You are encouraged to go through these guides in the order below. Each guide builds upon the concept of God’s hospitality. Be sure to look at the User guide for best ways to plan and engage your small group in this series.
1. Story Sharing
Describe your story and learn more about each other's experiences.
2. Isaiah 25 & 55
Explore what God’s hospitality looks like for the Israelites.
3. Luke 14
Discover how God’s hospitality invites everyone to the table.
4. Acts 2
Participate in creating belonging in your community.
5. John 2
6. Mark 6
7. Mark 2
About this Resource
This is resource is part of the “Have You Eaten Yet?” (HYEY) Campaign, a new student outreach campaign to reach Asian American students on campus through social media, events, food, and community.