What is Lunch Break?
Lunch break is an open space for community building, deeper conversations, and storytelling through food. It is a fun way to casually get to know people through a meal and intentional conversation. Build trust and relationships by inviting someone new and exploring the conversation topics below.
Why Do This on Your Campus?
Lunch is quick, easy, and non-intimidating! Being invited to a meal communicates hospitality and creates a sense of belonging.
- Invite 1-3 people to have lunch with you. Either provide food or ask people to bring their own lunch.
- Talk about food!
- Explore food conversation topics below.
- What is a favorite family dish?
- What type of family traditions did you grow up with?
- How does your family express care through food?
- What is an Asian fusion dish you’ve enjoyed or want to try?
- What is a fusion you never would have expected?
- What are two unexpected things that came together in your life this year?
- What is a staple food you ate routinely growing up?
- Where have you found this food around campus?
- How have you found people or a space on campus that’s comfortable or familiar?
About this Resource
This resource is part of the “Have You Eaten Yet?” (HYEY) Campaign, a new student outreach campaign to reach Asian American students on campus through social media, events, food, and community.